Friday, August 31, 2018

the importunate ones


by bofa xesjum




we just started - i can’t handle this
don’t make me put this paper down
just for a thrill

every day i’ve got the blues
you said that before
but i loved the sound of the rain

you were always thrill crazy, doris that’s why i wanted you to stay away from millicent
go away, kid, you bother me



that was my grandpa’s solution to everything
i know i am repeating myself
but can’t you see i’m busy

no, how was i supposed to know?
you never gave me a chance
never gave me a chance to show what i could do

you should have spoken up
because every day i had the blues
i had dreams once

thrilling, indescribable dreams
such as no one ever had before
put that paper down and listen to me

i was always told to go away and stop bothering people
but i craved excitement
oh, forget you ever knew me!

but i loved the sound of the rain
it is so easy to forget
and that, really, is all there is to it



No comments:

Post a Comment